Written by Faasik Info
Saturday, 17 July 2010 09:30
Love one another(stigma)
1) Why do PLWHAS need love?
2) Types of stigma
- TO feel socially accepted in the family .
- To have hope and acceptance of the his/her conditions
- It helps in reducing stress and hence healthy leaving.
a) Self imposed stigma
b) Socially imposed stigma.
- This is caused when one does not accept his/her status thus cause reduction in immunity
3) Benefits of disclosure?
- This where the family, friends, mates (pear group) start to ignore intimidate the HIVpositive person. Serious stigma can cause sudden death due to high pressure.
4) How do we disclosure?
- It helps one feel relieved.
- Gives one chance of positive living in the society
5) How is stigma related to CD4?
- One should firs disclosure to ones self is when you tell the next closest friend. This will help the PLWHWAS to deal with the reaction of the people ahead.
- Whenever one is exposed to stress she is at risk of having high blood pressure (ARV PATIENTS) thus heart failure.
- Stigma still exposes one to self grieve hence cannot eat, Do his/her activity normally therefore this person get his immunity lowered hence chance of maungonjwa tegemezi.
Take home message ;l
- CD4 is directly related to what one eat, kind of lifestyle, and health standard.
- Life is equal and the sam+e. Being HIV POSITIVE is not death sentence nor a punishment from GOD,ALLAH OR GRENDPARENTS, IT IS LIKE ANY OTHER DISEASE FRIENDLY THAN RHEUMATOID AN+THRITIS,or MALARIA