|Written by Faasik Info|
|Wednesday, 14 July 2010 08:30|
Counseling in Hiv/Aids
Counseling is the interactive between health care worker and the patient which is based on trust.
Qualities of a good counseled are.
• Respecting confidentiality, helps the counseled person to feel safe and open.
• No judging, should accept the person the way they are.
• Being genuine; should be telling the truth and avoid lies.
Types of counseling
• Pre and post counseling.
• Adherence counseling.
• Crisis/support counseling
Methods of counseling
• One to one counseling
• Couple counseling
• Family counseling
• Group counseling
ATTITUDE OF COUNSELLING SKILL IN COUNSELING
• Provide accurate information
• Build confidence of the client
BENEFIT OF ADHERENCE COUNSELING
• Help the client for the start of the treat.
• Offer support to the client and the opportunity to address the concern.
• Correct misconception on HIV/ Aids.
• Help the client link with the medical staff when necessary
TAKE HOME MESSAGE;
• The counselor should have big ears, small mouth and big eyes, this helps in getting the blind spots of the situations of the counselee.
• Counseller should not look for client,should be approached by the client,should not give directives,should only give informed contribution to the client situation.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 17 July 2010 08:57|